Scholt Energy attaches great importance to protecting your privacy. When processing your details, we respect the applicable privacy regulations. Your details will be treated confidentially. This statement is applicable to our website and to all of our service provision.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Scholt Energy is responsible for the processing of your personal data. We have taken measures to protect your personal details and to prevent misuse of your data. We protect your data against loss or any form of unlawful processing by means of suitable technical and organisational measures, such as firewalls and protected servers. Moreover, we make use of an SSL certificate.
What personal data do we process?
If you contact us by telephone, via our website(s) or other sales channels, we can record your personal data. That may be for an application, for questions about an agreement and/or concluding an agreement for a product and/or service. We can record the following data:
• Name, address, postal code and place of residence;
• Contact details such as your telephone number and e-mail address;
• Contract details such as, for example, the term and tariff;
• Date of birth and gender;
• Consumption data, measurement data, (technical) data about your connection(s) and other data concerning your distribution grid manager;
• Payment details such as invoicing address and bank account number(s);
• Detailed (technical) data about the use of our websites or apps: for example, the type of device, operating system, type of browser, date and time of the interaction, IP-address, cookie ID, page from which you arrive, pages that you visit, screen resolution and number of colours;
• Other data, including data that you have shared with us by filling in forms or tools on our website(s) or app(s), for example;
• Data regarding other products and/or services (such as electric transport and solar panels).
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
We may collect your personal data for the following purposes:
• To deal with your application for a product or service;
• To implement the agreement concluded with you. Within the framework of implementing an agreement/agreements and for marketing purposes, we may share your personal data with companies within our group;
• To implement a debtors and creditors control account, such as a credit check and auditing, or the calling in of debt assistance;
• To calculate and collect amounts owing on the basis of consumption, as well as amounts that are collected for third parties via the energy bill;
• To comply with applicable legislation and regulations;
• To inform you about our (new) products and services or to make you an offer;
• To deal with your complaints, questions and disputes;
• To conduct customer satisfaction surveys with which we can improve our products and services;
• To analyse, maintain, protect and optimise our website(s), app(s) and related technologies;
• To compile statistics so as optimise our website(s) and app(s).
We do not use your data for purposes other than as described above. Should there be other purposes for the use of your personal data, then we shall first ask you for permission.
Rationale for the processing?
We process your personal data because this is necessary for the implementation of the agreement, so as to be able to supply you with products and services. Besides that, we may process your personal data because this is necessary by virtue of a statutory obligation. It may be the case that we process data because we ourselves have a justified interest in doing so. Also, data may be processed on the basis of your consent.
For how long do we retain your personal data?
Your details will not be retained for longer than is required for our processing purposes, or in order to comply with statutory (retention) obligations.
How can I view, change or delete my personal details?
You can submit to us a request to view, correct, supplement, delete or block your personal details from access if these details are factually inaccurate, are incomplete or irrelevant to the goal or the purposes of the processing or are otherwise being processed in breach of a legal provision. You can submit such a request to us by telephone or in writing. If you are not (yet) officially affiliated with us, you must submit your request to us in writing. We will ensure that your request is processed as quickly as possible, but within four weeks at the latest. You will receive written confirmation from us.
Can your personal data be used by third parties?
Scholt Energy does not permit the use of personal data by third parties for their own commercial purposes or for public service purposes of those third parties.
How do we collect your personal data?
We only make use of analytical cookies. These cookies are used to analyse and optimise the website and the corresponding statistics. To do this, we use Google Analytics and utilise the most privacy-friendly settings that Google makes available. The information obtained, including the IP address, will be transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google uses this information to track how our website is used, to enable them to provide us with reports on the website and enable them to offer their advertisers information about the effectiveness of their campaigns. Google can make this information available to third parties if Google is legally required to do so, or insofar as these third parties process information on behalf of Google. We have no influence over this. We have not given Google permission to use the obtained analytical information for other Google services.
More information about the privacy consequences of the use of Google Analytics can be found on the site of the Dutch Data Protection Authority [Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens]. Read the Google privacy statement for more information, as well as the specific Google Analytics privacy statement.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may unilaterally alter this privacy statement. Therefore, regularly check the current statement on our website. This privacy statement was last altered on 17 October 2018.
If you have questions or comments about the processing of your personal details, you can contact us by e-mail via email@example.com or by telephone via +32 (0)9 381 75 50.
Scholt Energy Control N.V.
Kalkhoevestraat 30 bus 3.2